Global Silica Gel Market to Reach USD 781.9 Million by 2030
Rapid adoption in pharmaceutical and food packaging as a dessicant is the driver for the growth of the market.
The global Silica Gel market is forecast to reach USD 781.9 Million by 2030, according to a new report by Reports and Data. The several properties of silica gel, such as non-toxicity, non-corrosivity, chemically inertness, and excellent adsorbent qualities, among others, increase its use in various applications.
Commercially, silica gel comes mainly in three pore sizes fine, medium, and wide. It is used as a desiccant in the food and beverage industry to increase the shelf life of products and prevent rot and the growth of fungi due to moisture. Besides, in food additives, silica gel is used as an anti-caking agent, stabilizer, deforming agent, and anti-sedimentation agent. The growth of the pharmaceutical industry is also expected to explore the market for silica gel due to its extensive use in the packaging of pharmaceutical products to decrease the deterioration of the product due to the moisture content. Also, the high surface properties and superior adsorption qualities make silica gel useful in the use of water treatment plants. The increasing shift from conventional to physical water treatment, coupled with strict government regulations, are other factors that are positively stimulating the global market. With a simple manufacturing procedure and high adsorption qualities, silica gel has gained popularity as a readily available and inexpensive moisture-adsorbent worldwide.
The COVID-19 impact:
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a slightly downward impact on the global Silica Gel market in 2020, the reason being the reduction in the chromatographic activities, which were responsible for the significant demand in market share terms in 2019. After the pandemic, however, trends discussed in the study of the global market do hold ground.
Also, supply chain disruptions and production shutdowns have resulted in a downgraded outlook for the electric and electronics industry, which is a significant market for the Silica Gel application, which will have short-term impacts on market sales that could have lasting effects. While the industry expects things to return to near normal state well before the end of 2020, negative demand shock caused by the crisis is likely to last.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/3174
Key participants include Evonik Industries, Clariant, Solvay, Merck Group, China National Bluestar Company Limited, Fuji Silysia Chemical, Silicycle, Multisorb Technologies, W.R. Grace & Co., and Thermo Fischer Scientific, among others.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The packaging industry is increasing because almost all small and large companies focus primarily on their logistics. Besides, specific sectors such as food, pharmaceuticals, electronics, give greater impetus to the safety of their products. To protect their products against moisture, they use silica gel as a desiccant.
- In addition to pharmaceutical and food products, the electronics industry can also be considered as an emerging market for silica gel. The number of electronics companies is increasing sharply in countries such as China, Japan, India, and therefore, the demand for silica gel for packaging electronic devices is increasing.
- The increasing use of silica gel with fine and medium pores in applications such as adsorbents, perfume carriers, and separators due to its dry and waterproof properties contributes to the growth of the market.
- Indicative Silica Gels capture significant market share because of their adsorbency indicating properties. In the food and pharmaceutical industry, non-indicating silica gels are preferred since indicating silica gels have toxic color indicating compounds.
- The Middle East and Africa region are expected to experience significant market growth due to the increasing adoption of silica gel in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries. Favorable government norms encouraging the oil and gas industry is one of the main drivers of market growth. Silica gel is widely used to remove impurities, hydrocarbons, and water molecules from crude oil, natural gas, and other petroleum gases, respectively.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/silica-gel-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented into the global Silica Gel market on the basis of Type, Pore Size, Application, and Region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Pore Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Food Additives
- Water Filtration
- Others (Personal Care, Electrical and Electronics)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/3174
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
- What are the dominating factors that are influencing the growth of the industry?
- In the forecast period, which market segment is expected to rise the most?
- What are the risks and challenges that the industry is facing?
- In the coming years, which area is projected to dominate the market?
- Who are the major players in the market? What kind of strategic business plans have they made?
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
Explore Trending Report:
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyse consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Power and Energy, and Chemicals. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs